1. JASH Conference 2015.
The Makerere University College of Health Sciences (working with partners) is organizing her 11th Joint Annual Scientific Health (JASH) Conference 2015.
Theme: ‘The 360 Approach to Epidemics’
Dates: Wednesday 23rd to Friday 25th September 2015
Proposed Venue: Speke Resort Munyonyo Kampala, Uganda
Conference organising Partners:
1. Makerere University College of Health Sciences (MakCHS)
2. Uganda National Association of Community & Occupational Health (UNACOH),
3. Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
4. Uganda National Council for Science & Technology (UNCST)
5. Ministry of Health Uganda.
6. WHO sponsored 14th Dr. Mathew Lukwiya Memorial Lecture.
Abstract submission deadline: 10 August 2015
Abstract submission: by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Conference info e.g sub themes, abstract rules, payments, exhibition, other conference information, etc, please see conference poster attached. POSTER Makerere Univ CHS_JASH Conference 2015_FINAL
You can also visit the conference website at www.chs.mak.ac.ug/jashc2015
FUNDING: We call upon you / your project / entity / department to contribute funds to the conference.
Thanking you all.
2. OHCEA CONFERENCE
3. Course Opportunity
The online application for the course “Global Health and Sustainable Development Post 2015 – A New Approach to Natural Resources Management” is now available. Please promote the course among your network. You can read the course announcement message below and it is also available at: http://globalhsd.org/
Global Health and Sustainable Development Post-2015
A New Approach to Natural Resources Management
Dates: June 23 to July 18, 2015
EARTH University and the Faculty of Health Sciences at the American University of Beirut have developed a groundbreaking Global Master’s program in Health and Sustainable Development. It is pioneering in its main tenets, which are:
- Forging a transdisciplinary field of global health and sustainable development,
- Adopting a pedagogy of transformative learning and utilizing social entrepreneurship as an effective method to bring about change, and
- Raising clear voices and experiences of institutions and communities in the global south.
It does not resemble any other program currently in existence, and a BETA version of a condensed course is being offered this summer over 3-4 weeks to a selected group of students from around the globe.
The experience of this course of the Global Master’s in Health and Sustainable development will include innovative learning spaces, such as:
- Promotion of a global learning environment with a cohort approach.
- Cohort rotation to different countries where students will be immersed in the communities as part of their transformative learning, knowledge acquisition and translation process.
- Reality teaching, local engagement and empowerment.
- Emphasis on accountability and establishing intergenerational consciousness.
- Promoting social values, and strengthening leadership and communication skills.
Participants will learn about integrating issues of global health and sustainable development from leading academicians and practitioners in different geopolitical contexts.
Location: Costa Rica and Lebanon (10-11 days in each country)
Who should apply to this course:
Individuals currently working in:
- Ministries of Health, Environment, Agriculture, Social Affairs, Energy, Planning, Finance, and other relevant ministries
- Governmental and non-governmental health agencies
- UN agencies
- International and local NGOs
- International development agencies
- Private sector (CSR) & self-employed individuals
- Foundations and philanthropists
- English proficiency
- Completed undergraduate or master’s degree (any field)
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work in a group
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Social entrepreneurship mentality
- Commitment to community work/region
- Fill out the application form at http://globalhsd.org/apply/
- Submit a statement of interest (maximum 1 page; Arial 12, single space, only PDF or Word docs)
- Submit a social entrepreneurship project idea that combines health and sustainable development [Guidelines: 1.Clearly define the problem (roots/causes, impact on community); 2.Develop an idea for a solution; 3.Feasibility of implementing the proposed solution / How to put the idea into practice and scale it up; 4.Social value proposition (A “social value proposition” is the unique value a product or service provides a consumer/beneficiary); 5.Ethical considerations. Max 1 page, Arial 12, single space, only PDF or Word docs]
- Submit a curriculum vitae – CV (maximum 2 pages, only PDF or Word docs)
- Deadline for submission is April 15, 2015
- Applicants will be notified by May 15, 2015 regarding their participation.
- The course is limited to 15 students
As a BETA course offering, the participation fee for this course is US$800, representing 10% of the total cost per student. All other costs will be covered, including:
- Travel arrangements (airfare) from home country to and from Costa Rica and Lebanon
- Room, board and transportation in both Costa Rica and Lebanon for the duration of the course
Participants will receive supporting documents for their visa application to Costa Rica and Lebanon. Assistance can be provided when necessary, but it is the responsibility of each person to obtain their visa.
If you have problems with the online application http://globalhsd.