The Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN) is a partnership between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and seven top universities, designed to harness the ingenuity and passion of university students, researchers, and faculty to deliver the greatest impact and develop innovative solutions to address global development challenges. Through HESN, USAID has created a constellation of 8 Development Labs that harness the ingenuity and passion of university students, researchers and faculty to incubate, catalyze and scale new science and tech-based solutions to respond to the world’s most challenging development problems.
Learn more about HESN’s 8 Development Labs here
- USAID Frontlines Piece
- RAN Story Featured on USAID Medium
- Partnership with Stanford University ChangeLabs
- Lab Insider Digest-Issue 29
- HESN Connector
- HESN Photo Contest Winners (November 2016)
- Pre-eclamsia innovation in HESN Newsletter (May 2017)
- Bob Biryabarema, a Makerere University graduate and Resilient Africa Network (RAN) innovator, and his colleagues from Makerere and Gulu University designed the Pedal Water Pump (November 2017).