On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 – 13:00 South African Resilience Innovation Lab (SA RILab) www.sarilab.ranlab.org recently held a need finding workshop with 10 student innovators at the University of Pretoria Maker Space on 16 March 2016.
Objectives of the workshop were:
- To enable students to have a clear understanding of Makerere University School of Public Health- ResilientAfrica Network (RAN), www.ranlab.org and also the SA RILab approach to identifying and developing innovations among students
- To enable students to have appropriate skills and tools to use in community engagement for needs finding.
The workshop was hands on and students were taken through:
- The RAN approach to innovation
- Understanding the value of needs finding
- A design challenge and the dos and don’ts of need finding.
Students came from different departments of the university including Industrial and Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Public Health and Humanities.
The SA RILab will hold innovation workshops at the University of Pretoria Maker Space for students and faculty members every Monday and Wednesday of every week beginning April 2016. Email email@example.com for more information about the workshops.